Stephanie Grace Prost
Winner of 2017 GADE Student Award for Social Work Research
College of Social Work, Florida State University
Article: Prost, S. G. (2016). Development and validation of the hospice professionals’ understanding of preparatory grief scale. Research on Social Work Practice. Children and Youth Services Review, 43, 18-28.
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS (DEADLINE PASSED)
2017 GADE Student Award for Social Work Research
The GADE Student Award for Social Work Research is given to an individual doctoral student or collaborative group of students, whose published (or in press) scholarship advances scientific inquiry in social work or social welfare. The research should serve as a model for scientific rigor, and show high potential to impact social work practice, policy, or research.
The winner of the GADE Student Award for Social Work Research will be provided a certificate and a $1,500 award at the Doctoral Student Award Breakfast held at the annual GADE Reception at the SSWR Conference in New Orleans (January, 2017). In the case of multiple author journal articles, the award of $1,500 will be split equally among named students. GADE is unable to pay for CSWE membership fees or conference registration.
Group for the Advancement of Doctoral Education in Social Work (GADE)
The Group for the Advancement of Doctoral Education in Social Work (GADE) was established over 25 years ago to provide a forum for sharing ideas and strategies among doctoral programs in social work, and for strengthening efforts at enhancing doctoral education. The membership, comprised of directors of established social work and social welfare doctoral programs located in accredited universities, has established three student awards in hopes of advancing social work scholarship, teaching, and service1 – three principal areas in which full-time professors are typically engaged as faculty members. These awards reflect a commitment to bring visibility to our greatest resource, our students, who provide us with professional purpose and continuously offer us new ways to think and grow.
The criteria by which the scholarly journal article will be evaluated are:
- Journal articles must be published or accepted for publication between June 1, 2015 and May 31, 2016.
- A doctoral student in a GADE-member School of Social Work/Welfare must be the sole author or first author in a multiple-author article.
- The sole or first author must be a current doctoral student or have graduated no earlier than June 1, 2016. Research must have been approved by the appropriate human subjects review committee(s).
- Self-nominations are encouraged and multiple submissions from the same university are allowed.
Deadline for Nomination: September 30, 2016
Nomination to include:
- Name of Student
- Contact information for the student (i.e. phone and e-mail address)
- University attending
The nomination packet must include the following:
- A cover letter that includes:
- Name of the sole or first author doctoral student and names of other doctoral students in multi-author paper
- Contact information for the student(s) (phoneande-mail)
- University attending
- Brief orientation to the journal,its reach, impact, and/or standing in the field
- Evidence of IRB approval
- Evidence of acceptance for “in press” submissions
- In multiple-author papers, a letter from each co-author attesting to the role(s) of the
named doctoral student(s) in the development of the published paper
- A copy of the published or in press journal article3
A single .pdf file including all required elements must be submitted electronically via e- mail attachment.
Submission: Nominations should be submitted to the GADE Award Subcommittee at: GADEAwards@gadephd.org
Nominations that do not comport with the above requirements will not be considered.
The email Subject Line should read:
2016 Research Award Nomination from (Your University).
Application Processing: The GADE Award Subcommittee will review all nominations. Nominees will be informed of the final decision on or before November 15, 2016.
. Information pertaining to the GADE Student Award for Leadership and Service, and the GADE Student Award for Teaching can be found at: www.gadephd.org
. Journal articles accepted for publication must be accompanied by documentation from the publisher.
. In the case of “in press” journal articles, students must submit the final manuscript version sent to the publisher.